If you need to connect SmartThings devices together then you will need to install Samsung SamrtThings wifi for your network. You will able to get mesh wifi for your home network but for that you will need some advance steps. In this article, we are going to explain steps for setting up Samsung SamrtThings wifi for your home network.
Steps for Configuring Samsung SamrtThings WiFi
- First you will need to download Samsung SamrtThings application for your network. You can find application for your Android and Apple devices.
- After that click on “Add Device” option from same window.
- You will get a popup window that you really want to add a new device or not? Click on “Add Now” option so that you can easily add a new device to your Samsung SamrtThings application.
- There you will get a complete list of the devices that you can add to Samsung SamrtThings wifi device. Sometimes, you will also get issues and you will not find your device in the list. In that case, you will need to make sure that you can add the device manually to your Samsung SamrtThings wifi.
- After that you will need to select the location where you want to add your device. You can add your device to your home, your office or you can also add a new location from there.
- There you will get the license for adding a new device so you will need agree for that license.
- When your Samsung SamrtThings hub device is ready to work, you will find that status LED for your device will blink in red or green colour.
- You will need to fill SSID that is name of wifi for your network.
- Fill password for accessing wifi network that is activated for your device.
These are the simple steps that you will need to follow so that you can easily setup Samsung SamrtThings wifi for your network. After making all configurations, you can easily access the mesh wifi network for your home device. You can give a unique name to your device so that you can later access that particular device whenever required.
Steps for Creating New Samsung SmartThings Account
If you do not have Samsung account then you will first need to create new account for your device access. Steps for creating new Samsung SmartThings is really very simple and we are going to explain all these steps in following session.
- From http:// account.SmartThings.com web address, you will need to click on option “Create New Account”.
- There you will get a number of fields and you will need to fill all these required details for creating a new account.
- First you will need to select the ID type for your account. You can select email address or phone number.
- After that fill the email address for creating new account.
- After that fill password for your account security.
- Confirm your password once again and make sure that your password is very secure.
- Fill first name for your device and then fill the last name for your device.
- Fill the date of birth for your device and fill the security code for your account.
- You will need to agree for license for creating a new account.
These are the steps for making login access and creating new account for accessing Samsung SamrtThings login window. You can later change the login details for your device and you can manage all your devices that are connected to your home network.
Related Keywords for Samsung SmartThings Setup
- SmartThings hub login, login SmartThings
- SmartThing login, Samsung SmartThings power outlet
- Samsung home control system, SmartThings web login
- Samsung smart things login, Samsung SmartThings hub login
- SmartThings api login, Samsung SmartThing login
- SmartThings setup, SmartThings hub setup
- Samsung SmartThings setup, Samsung SmartThings hub setup
How To Control IoT devices Connected with Samsung SmartThings Hub?
This is true that you can easily register your wireless IoT devices with Samsung SmartThings Hub and you can later manage these devices easily. We are going to explain simple steps for configuring your IoT devices that are connected to your Samsung SmartThings Hub. Before you are add these devices to Samsung SmartThings application, you will need to click on “Add Device” option. There you will find option for manually adding your device to your device.
Controlling IoT Devices Connected Samsung SmartThings Hub
- Access Samsung SmartThings application from your computer device.
- Fill Samsung SmartThings login user name and password for your application device.
- There you will find “Devices” option.
- Select the device that you want to manage and configure. You can easily control all these connected devices from remote location.
- Now, if you want to check and manage the locations for the device then you have to select “Devices” option.
- Under “Add Devices” you will need to click on “Add Location” option.
- There you can fill the location that you want to apply for your IoT device.
These are the steps to manage the IoT devices that are connected to your Samsung SmartThings Hub device. When you need to access Samsung SmartThings application, you will get number options there. You can easily manage these options and we are explaining these options here.
- Using “Notices” option you can find all the notice that you have received.
- Using “Settings” option, you can easily manage the Samsung SmartThings application settings for your mobile device.
- If you need to manage the dashboard options then you can select “Manage Dashboard” option from the application window.
These are the simple steps that you can follow and enjoy complete features for Samsung SmartThings hub device.
LED Behaviours for SmartThings Hub Device
LED status behaviours for Samsung hub device will help you to make sure that your device’s configurations are done correctly. In this session, we are going to explain LED colour behaviours for Samsung hub LED behaviours for device.
- If your hub device is not having any LAN connections then you will find that LED for your device will blinking in blue colour. You can easily resolve these issues by troubleshooting your Wifi connections. Make sure that your router device is connected accurately and your modem device is getting internet connections accurately.
- When you download firmware for SmartThings hub device, you will find that status LED is blinking in magenta colour. This is not an error but this is an indication that your device is actually downloading the firmware file.
- When your hub device tries to create connections with cloud server, colour of status LED will be solid blue in colour. If your device is not able to connect with wifi servers then you will need to reconfigure your device. Same issues will arise if firmware update is going on for your SmartThings hub devices.
- If status LED is solid green in colour that means devices are connected accurately for your device.
- If hub is blinking red or green in colour that means your device is now ready to connect. Your hub device LED will blink on red or green on colour if you are resetting your device for first time.
- When other devices try to connect with smart thing hub device, you will find that status LED for your device is blinking in green colour. This colour of LED will change once device is connected to your hub device.
- If hub LED is blinking in blue colour that means your hub device do not have any IP address. You will need to change WiFi network for your device.
- If your Samsung SmartThings device is having power issues then status LED will blink in solid red colour.
These are the status LED colours that you will find with SmartThings hub device. There are some common troubleshooting that you will need to apply for your device and you will never get these kind of issues with your device.